systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Wed Oct 10 07:23:37 UTC 2012

> On Tue, 09.10.12 17:25, Panu Matilainen (pmatilai at laiskiainen.org) wrote:
>
>>> Can I pass this somehow to yum? Or do I have to creat a macro file for
>>> this?
>>
>> You can set it in yum.conf (tsflags=nodocs), but then rpm wont know
>> about it (so if you install directly with rpm, it'll still install
>> the docs). Putting it in the macro configuration ensures everything
>> going through librpm honors it.
>
> This appears very much broken. I just tried to install a container with
> the following command line:
>
> yum -y  \
>      --setopt=tsflags=nodocs \
>      --setopt=keepcache=0 \
>      --installroot=/home/lennart/minimal/install \
>      --nogpg \
>      --releasever=18 \
>      '--disablerepo=*' \
>      --enablerepo=fedora \
>      install systemd passwd openssh-server rpm
>
> And this fails when installing gawk with:

>    Installing : shared-mime-info-1.0-5.fc18.x86_64                                                                             51/106
>    Installing : grep-2.14-1.fc18.x86_64                                                                                        52/106
> install-info: No such file or directory for /usr/share/info/grep.info.gz

FWIW this is one of the problems with --nodocs (and _install_langs as
well) - packages generally expect to be installed as whole and dont
conditionalize stuff like install-info based on the file existence, so
they end up spitting errors like this.

>    Installing : gawk-4.0.1-2.fc18.x86_64                                                                                       53/106
> Error unpacking rpm package gawk-4.0.1-2.fc18.x86_64
> error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/share/man/man1/gawk.1.gz;507472b1: cpio: Missing hard link(s)
>    Installing : libidn-1.25-3.fc18.x86_64                                                                                      54/106
> error: gawk-4.0.1-2.fc18.x86_64: install failed

Oh, that. Just found and fixed this upstream last week, but didn't
realize it affected rpm 4.10 as well. This comes from an ancient piece
of code that attempts to verify all hardlinks got created, its always
been there but the result of this "verification" was never used for
anything prior to rpm 4.10. The issue is simply that the verification
fails to account for files (hardlinks) skipped on purpose, which is a
relatively rare condition. Will fix shortly.

	- Panu -