[Feature Suggestion] UsrMove continued

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 10 13:45:54 UTC 2012

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012, Matěj Cepl wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:11:12 +0300, Serge wrote:
>> Turning /lib into /usr/lib was also incompatible with every other Linux
>> distro, nevertheless it's already done.
>
> The fact that we've made one useless and harmful mistake doesn't mean
> that we should repeat it all the time.

I cannot agree enough. Just b/c we've blundered down a bad route doesn't
mean you cannot turn back.

Instead of chiseling our way back, let's just revert and go.

Not every decision a distribution makes is a good one, lets not get caught
up believing that we cannot make mistakes.

UsrMove was a mistake. End of discussion. Let's go back.

-sv