Schedule for Wednesday's FESCo Meeting (2012-10-10)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Oct 10 18:43:10 UTC 2012

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 12:08:31 +0200
Marcela Mašláňová <mmaslano at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/10/2012 03:25 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 06:01:22PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> >> If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can reply to
> >> this e-mail, file a new ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/fesco,
> >> e-mail me directly, or bring it up at the end of the meeting,
> >> during the open floor topic. Note that added topics may be
> >> deferred until the following meeting.
> >
> > It'd be nice to have something on this:
> >
> > https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/945
> >
> I don't have any proposal how to solve it. I guess the best approach
> will be policy based on wishes of Spins maintainers.

So, I was going to draft up a policy for this, but then I recalled that
we already fixed the display-manager case (whichever one is installed
last is run).

For regular spins then, I am not sure what things they would want to
change in presets. Any thoughts on something they would change?

In which case, I say we should just pick some reasonably low number for
cloud to use and leave it at that. All the cloud preset is going to do
is enable cloud-init right? Or are there other things? If we don't want
this preset to happen to get installed on non cloud things, you could
just do it in the kickstart of the cloud image.

Other cases of presets are things that users could do in their image
kickstart files... so nothing we need to do.

17-cloud.preset

(I like 17, it's a lucky number).

Thoughts?

kevin