replacing rsyslogd in minimal with journald [was Re: systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes]

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 10 19:08:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Additionally, it _would_ be cool for log monitoring and analysis tools to
> gain journald support, so that users of those tools can take advantage of
> all the features Lennart lists. If we could have some of those in place
> along with the proposed feature, that would be a win.

Hint-hint, nudge-nudge? :)

I'm not sure I can swing that, unfortunately. :( But I certainly am
interested in seeing where journal is headed, as it improves a lot of
aspects of log management that log analysis tools have to work around.

Regards,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
LinuxFoundation.org