systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Oct 15 18:05:16 UTC 2012

On 10/14/2012 01:47 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:

> On Oct 9, 2012, at 7:14 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
>>
>> Anaconda isn't going to do that unless there is rpm support to
>> re-docify yourself.  To accomplish this right now, every package
>> would have to split out a -docs subpackage with all the docs in it.
>> Anaconda /might/ do what you want in the future, by way of
>> kickstart commands, but that's not something we're going to expose
>> in the UI.
>
> Infrastructure Server option comes pretty close, I think. 800MB vs
> 1.1G, no-GUI, but does appear to have docs.
>

> Chris Murphy

Well, we do currently have the "minimal" environment, which boils down
to @core + the couple things anaconda forces (authconfig,
system-config-firewall-base, kernel, bootloader).  You can get to that
via kickstart with just:

%packages
@core
%end

But it's not close to what some of these people want out of a "minimal"
install.

--
Help me fight child abuse: http://tinyurl.com/jlkcourage

- jlk