systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Oct 15 19:48:38 UTC 2012

Am 15.10.2012 21:43, schrieb Bill Nottingham:
> Kevin Fenzi (kevin at scrye.com) said:
>>> 122659574       kernel
>>> 117821428       glibc-common
>>> 35623360        linux-firmware
>>> 14233540        coreutils
>>> 13845828        glibc
>>
>> I wonder... could we make linux-firmware optional?
>>
>> I would expect many virt env's don't need any firmware to work...
>> (but of course I could be wrong).
>
> "It depends". It includes firmware for wired NICs as well as other things,
> so it depends on what hardware your virtual environment is deciding to
> emulate

surely, it depends

but the hard dependency is a little too much

install it as default at fedora setup is fine
so such wired NICs are supported

but as example on a VMware platfrom these days you are using
vmxnet3 and vmw_pvscsi what means that all virtual hardware
is supported from the upstream kernel