systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:17:12 UTC 2012

>> Matthew Miller (mattdm at fedoraproject.org) said:
>> >
>> > Of which one quarter is the kernel and the other quarter is glibc
>> > locale support, right?
>>
>> Or more:
>>
>> 122659574       kernel
>> 117821428       glibc-common
>> 35623360        linux-firmware
>> 14233540        coreutils
>> 13845828        glibc
>
> I wonder... could we make linux-firmware optional?
>
> I would expect many virt env's don't need any firmware to work...
> (but of course I could be wrong).

It use to be optional, I know on the olpc xo-1 it use to be optional
and there should be no firmware needed for an average VM. I'd also
love to see it broken down for various profiles because most desktops
don't need enterprise storage controllers, most servers don't need
wifi and most ARM platforms don't need most of the stuff in there but
do need a few ARM only firmware packages.

Peter