f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID)

Juan Orti Alcaine j.orti.alcaine at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 15:59:54 UTC 2012

On Martes, 16 de octubre de 2012 10:20:50 Ian Pilcher escribió:
> On 10/16/2012 08:29 AM, Dario Lesca wrote:
> > How to install it on a empty disk and use LVM (or create a software
> > RaID)?
>
> I don't believe it's currently possible.  Nor is it possible to use
> space in existing VGs or RAID devices.
>
> It's unclear whether F18 final is going to include this functionality
> or not.

I think It's totally unacceptable to lose this functionality. The new GUI
should have been pushed when it has all the features of the old GUI, we have
lost a lot of testing in alpha because people could not upgrade their existing
setups.

I just hope the support for RAID, LVM, Luks,...  to be available in the beta,
or this feature should be reverted.