F17: Illuminated keyboard turns off with kernel 3.6.1 upgrade

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 16:59:37 UTC 2012

On 15 October 2012 17:48, Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net> wrote:
> I just upgraded my F17 kernel to 3.6.1 and when I reboot then my Logitech illuminated keyboard is not lit until I touch
> a key and then it goes right back off.
>
> Kind of defeats the purpose of having an illuminated keyboard.
>
> Anyone know why this might happen after this particular kernel upgrade?

What model of Logitech Illuminated Keyboard. Both my wired  Y-UY95 LIK
seems to work correctly with the 3.6.1 kernel. The keyboard stays lit
all the time.

The wireless one I have at anotehr place I can test tomorrow as it has
the "capacitive" reaction to light up when touched and goes out after
a bit when not.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
"Don't derail a useful feature for the 99% because you're not in it."