f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 18:55:55 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-16 at 15:29 +0200, Dario Lesca wrote:
> Hi, I have download the last Fedora-18-Beta-TC4 to do some tests
> http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/18-Beta-TC4/Fedora/x86_64/iso/Fedora-18-Beta-TC4-x86_64-netinst.iso
>
> How to install it on a empty disk and use LVM (or create a software
> RaID)?
>
> From the new disk manager anaconda panel I did not understand how to
> create a new LVM partition and root and swap volume.
>
> Is this features not yet supported or I have lost some HOWTO?

When you pick a disk and hit Continue, check the box that says something
about 'let me customize' before hitting the next Continue. That gets you
into the custom partitioning mode, which you need to use for LVM or RAID
(non-custom partitioning no longer allows LVM).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey