f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID)

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 17 17:14:14 UTC 2012

On 10/17/2012 11:55 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 16:05 +0200, Dario Lesca wrote:
>> Il giorno mer, 17/10/2012 alle 08.37 -0500, David Lehman ha scritto:
>>> to keep you on your toes, of course
>>
>> you forgot ;-) ... because if you're talking seriously this is a wild
>> unacceptable answer
>>
>> What is the real reason for this (for now unjustified) change?
>>
>> Does anyone know?
>
> Was the old one really better, or were you just used to it? Comparing
> the first time you use the new dialog to the 50th time you used the old
> one is an entirely unfair comparison. You have to compare the first time
> you use the new dialog to the first time you used the old one. *Any* new
> design will seem more difficult than the old one, at first, to someone
> who was familiar with the old one.
>
> I think the new dialog could use some improvements, and it's getting
> them, but a question like 'the old one ruled, the new one sucks, why u
> change?!' is really not that productive. The reasons for the UI
> re-design are in the feature page.

The newui is akin to gnome 3 in that it takes some getting used to. Now,
g3 is second nature and very usable.  Using newui as much as possible,
and filing bugs, helps a lot.  My only gripe is that the storage portion
of F17 worked very well at final and I only wish that logic had gone
into F18 from alpha on.  Why fight the storage battle again when it has
already been won?

--
Regards,
OldFart