OCaml 4.00.1 is being uploaded (rawhide only)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Oct 17 17:27:27 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 03:00:04PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I don't think it is required to rebuild the packages in dependency
> order this time, since no public interface has changed AFAICT.

Actually we do, because the BR's cannot be installed in the
build root until they themselves have been rebuilt.

Possibly we can get around this (in future) by loosening the
'ocaml-runtime = <compiler version>' dependency.  That is really
declaring that the *.cm* files contain a binary version number
(Config.cm*_magic_number) which occasionally changes when the compiler
is upgraded.  It might be better, albeit harder, to encode those
constants into the RPM dependencies instead.

Rich.