What are reasonable blockers for making journald the default logger in F19?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Oct 17 19:07:54 UTC 2012

Am 17.10.2012 18:13, schrieb Jóhann B. Guðmundsson:
> On 10/17/2012 03:50 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>> the files are stored in
>> /var/log/journal/
>
> Is it not better to place this under /var/journal/ and leave text files
> to /var/log/ to prevent administrators thinking they can treat the journal
> files a text files and prevent any kind of script breakage that expect all
> files in that directory to be text files?

please keep in mind that there are many setups with /var/log
on a dedicated partition / virtual-drive and maybe more
people as i upgrade since our currecnt setups are origin
F9-installs upgraded up to F17 with yum

i even go so far to seperate /var/log and /var/cache
on own v-disks to have a easy as possible method
resize them if needed in the future