What are reasonable blockers for making journald the default logger in F19?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Oct 18 17:32:59 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 11:38 +0200, Benny Amorsen wrote:
> Lennart Poettering <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> writes:
>
> > One way to achieve that should be to provide /var/log/README with the
> > appropriate hints, since I assume much more people will look for logs
> > in /var/log like it used to be in most of Linux history rather than in
> > a tool "logread" that is known by an embedded distro by the name of
> > OpenWRT...
>
> You do have a way with words. I did not propose logread because it is
> used by OpenWRT, I proposed it because it is a sane name.
>
> When I read logs, I do not want to control a journal, that is for
> tune2fs to do.

Trying to come up with 'intuitive' names for commands strikes me as a
spectacularly worthless pursuit. I'm not sure it's possible. Does anyone
really learn a new system by typing their best guess as to what its
commands and parameters might be into a console?!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey