What are reasonable blockers for making journald the default logger in F19?

J. Randall Owens jrowens.fedora at ghiapet.net
Fri Oct 19 09:47:05 UTC 2012

On 10/18/2012 10:40 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> with "bash-completion" and double-<TAB> it is desirable in many
> situations and at least it is helpful also if read all the docs and
> do not exactly remember not so often used commands - "man unknown"
> is hard
>
> [root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ system system-config-keyboard systemd-delta
> systemd-readahead-analyze systemctl systemd-detect-virt
> systemd-stdio-bridge systemd systemd-inhibit
> systemd-systemctl systemd-analyze systemd-journalctl
> systemd-sysv-convert systemd-ask-password
> systemd-loginctl systemd-tmpfiles systemd-cat
> systemd-machine-id-setup        systemd-tty-ask-password-agent
> systemd-cgls                    systemd-notify systemsettings
> systemd-cgtop                   systemd-nspawn system-setup-keyboard
>
> [root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ man systemd-journalctl..................

For that matter, with tcsh & tcshrc, I can eliminate the middleman there:

$ man syst^D
systemadm                        system-config-printer
system-config-audit              system-config-printer-applet
system-config-authentication     system-config-rootpassword
system-config-boot               system-config-samba
system-config-date               system-config-selinux
system-config-firewall           system-config-services
system-config-firewall-tui       system-config-users
system-config-network-tui        systemd-delta
                    system-switch-displaymanager
system-config-nfs                systemd-detect-virt
$ man system

I love that bit.

--
J. Randall Owens | http://www.ghiapet.net/