fedpkg / koji error

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Oct 23 02:37:05 UTC 2012

On 10/22/2012 10:43 PM, Tom Callaway wrote:
> On 10/22/2012 12:09 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>> There is currently no way to "undefine" a macro at the rpm commandline,
>>
>> rpmbuild --define "xxxx %{nil}" ?
>
> Huh, I swear I knew that once. :) Attached is a patch to use the %{nil}
> behavior instead of setting the unused dist macro to 0. I smoke tested
> and confirmed that the %{rhel} macro is unset on Fedora with this patch
> applied.

I haven't tried your patch, but don't you have to unset/define %{nil}
all build-host related rpm macros from /etc/rpm/macros.dist?

It's at least what I can not avoid doing in my before-mentioned
build-scripts.

I.e. when running my script on Fedora 17, I invoke rpmbuild this way:

rpmbuild ... \
  --define "fedora %{nil}" --define "fc17 %{nil}"
  --define "dist .el6" --define "rhel 6"  --define "el6 1"

Otherwise constructs such as
%{?fc17:xxxx}
%{?el6:yyyy}
also won't work correctly in rpm.specs.

IIUC, fedpkg with your patch sets %dist and unsets %fedora, but it
doesn't seem to catch "fc17".

Ralf