HEADUP for all PEAR packages

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Tue Oct 23 14:40:27 UTC 2012

For years... pear have its metadata database stored in /usr/share/pear

This will move soon to /var/lib/pear (to be FHS compliant).
(feature approved/merged by upstream)

With this last change, we'll have "only" libraries in /usr/share/pear
(which is part of the default php include_path)

WARNING : all pear packages will be FTBFS.

Very simple fix:

Define the default metadata directory location

   %{!?pear_metadir: %global pear_metadir %{pear_phpdir}}

And instead of
   # Clean up unnecessary files
   rm -rf %{buildroot}%{pear_phpdir}/.??*

Use
   rm -rf %{buildroot}%{pear_metadir}/.??*

This can be applied on all branches
(already used on some of my packages, see php-phpunit-PHPUnit p.e.)

Best regards,
Remi.

[1]
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/php-phpunit-PHPUnit.git/commit/?id=a010eeaf57324c5f9cbb8580f14d589dcf7b6f62