How do I find the maintainers of a package ?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Oct 23 18:58:49 UTC 2012

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:49:01 -0600
"Nathanael D. Noblet" <nathanael at gnat.ca> wrote:

> You should be able to email packagename-owner at fedoraproject.org and
> it will get to whoever owns the package. One caveat is make sure its
> the *package name* as the src.rpm would be named, not the
> sub-packages it may produce.

Yep. However as noted it's usually much better to file a bug.

bugs are public, so other people can see it and provide feedback.

bugs stay around attached to the package even if the current
maintainers are no longer able to maintain the package. New maintainers
would never have seen any email you sent directly in the past.

It's much easier to mark bugs duplicate and such.

Anyhow, when in doubt, please just file a bug. ;)

kevin