change of names of configuration files

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 14:50:59 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 03:39:27PM +0200, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> Hi devels,
> I'd like to ask for your opinion, especially those from anaconda,
> system-config-* and localization. The last commit in systemd [1]
> changed names of configuration files. Does someone else than systemd
> tools using them? Fedora 18 is (or will be soon) in freeze, so it
> would be better solve it now.

libguestfs will both use and modify at least the HOSTNAME= field in
/etc/sysconfig/network (although mitigating this, it also knows about
/etc/hostname, but this path is not well tested and there may be
bugs).

I think it's extremely dumb to be changing configuration files at this
point in the Fedora 18 development cycle.

Rich.