highly anecdotal comments on LVM in Fedora

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 17:31:14 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-26 at 08:23 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:51:24AM +0200, Vratislav Podzimek wrote:
> > > setting up a custom partitioning scheme with LVM. It took me a bit to find
> > > where I could do that (I needed to check "I don't need help", I think), but
> > > then when I tried anaconda crashed, and then the thing to autofile a bug
> > > crashed. Soooo, I rebooted and did it again without LVM and it didn't crash.
> > Have you filed a bug that bug reporting in anaconda failed? I'm not
> > aware of any such (unresolved) bug.
>
> No, I didn't, but I'll try to reproduce with the beta.

The custom part code got a _lot_ of changes between TC3 and TC6. You
might want to try again with TC6 (or TC7, which we'll probably build
soon) if you have a moment. Going through custom partitioning is the way
to do LVM right now, yes, that may change depending on the Controversial
Bug O' The Week.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey