simple-mtpfs Re: Orphaning: mtpfs (FUSE filesystem for MTP devices like Android tablets)

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sat Oct 27 15:04:25 UTC 2012

On Oct 26, 2012, at 6:54 PM, Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com> wrote:

> I found today, that package simple-mtpfs, has enter has fedora package
> on 2012-10-08. A good mtp support could be awesome, for androids, you
> could transfer data, while use it with applications that need use the
> (micro) SD card.

MTP allows for use with USB, TCP/IP, Bluetooth, etc. And doesn't take complete control over the storage as a block level device, the granularity is a file, rather than blocks.

What are the DRM implications of MTP? Apparently this is a key part of MTP.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff632508(prot.20).aspx

Chris Murphy