secure boot: how to disable this crap?

Joshua C. joshuacov at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 00:58:50 UTC 2012

Over the last months there have been many patches to the rawhide-kernel and
rawhide-grub2 packages that aim to make those compatible with the M$
requirements for secure boot. Those locked down many user space
capabilities. However I still haven't seen any single "magic" switch that
can disable all this crap at once during compilation. As a result I cannot
port grub2 and the rawhide kernel to the current f17. I can simply
recompile the packages against f17 but all those lockups will still stay in
place :-(

Can someone point me to this switch (option, parameter, etc) so that I can
recomile and strip down those packages of all this crap?

--
--joshua