MariaDB: Packagers needed

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Sun Oct 28 19:57:44 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 01:52:18PM -0600, Renich Bon Ciric wrote:

Hi,

> I am to start packaging MariaDB for Fedora.

I've promised monty to get going with packaging MariaDB and I did
create some local test packages which do work still need quite a
few changes. I got busy with $dayjob for a while but I'm still
eager to help move mariadb forward - so count me in.

> Is there anyone who wants to co-maintain?

I'm interested in helping there.

> This is just me wanting to post it for a package review.

The package review is probably going to be long and hard ;) -
mariadb will need to conflict with the default mysql packages
which is usually not allowed in fedora. So this is going to
be interesting.

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net