3D printing in Fedora

Miro Hrončok miro at hroncok.cz
Mon Oct 29 18:15:06 UTC 2012

Hi,

> I'm not sure that a separate 3d printing spin makes a lot of sense
Well, it makes for me.
Lot's of memebers of our group at university asks me: What Linux
distro should I grap for 3D printing?
If we have a 3D printing spin, I could point them directly to that.

> I'm wondering what sort of printers people have at the moment, since I
> believe that it would be very helpful for us to package known
> configurations for the slicer(s).
I am not sure, if this is going to work, from my point of view, the
slicing profiles are very machine and material specific. You can get a
very huge number of profiles.

Thanks for your offer to help.
Miro Hrončok

Jabber: miro at hroncok.cz