3D printing in Fedora

Steve Morrissey smorriss at d.umn.edu
Mon Oct 29 21:19:49 UTC 2012

How accurate are these numbers? I know I've downloaded the XFCE spin at
least 8 times from different computers on different networks and that
counter hasn't even gone up by 1. The torrent reports just under 600 for
the "downloaded" count as well.

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 05:02:17PM -0400, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> > I think the time to discuss if a spin is needed or not hasn't come yet.
> > Now, the primary goal should be to get all the tool in Fedora. When
> that's
> > done, they should probably go for a package group to give users an easy
> > way to install those tools. And then if the initiative gets a traction
> and
> > attracts a lot of people I don't see a reason why they can't have a spin.
>
> I think it's not really a matter of "can't have". It's a matter of "maybe
> not the best use of energy". Take a look at the numbers for the top spins
> this release, over on the right column of this page:
>
> http://spins.fedoraproject.org/
>

> I don't think this is because KDE or XFCE aren't popular among Fedora
> users.
> People just don't get the via spins. And that's even more true for
> non-desktop spins.
>
> --
> Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <
> mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
> --

Steve Morrissey
Information Technology Systems & Services
University of Minnesota Duluth
o: 218.726.8866