Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

"J├│hann B. Gu├░mundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 11:54:22 UTC 2012

On 10/31/2012 11:42 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> It's already been pushed back once, the first iteration of newui was
> attempted to land in F-17 and was pushed back to F-18 if my memory
> serves me correctly.

Dont think it did

>   So I think we need to land it now and deal with
> the fall out then move on. The one thing that concerns me is the lack
> of communications about LVM with the storage team as it makes me
> wonder what else has been missed/assumed.

Lack of communication lol those RH storage developers could have.

A) subscribed to the Anaconda developers list to monitor changes
relevant to their setup as anyone else affected by any upstream changes
( this got mentioned in August )
B) bothered to do a simple test install of alpha they would have noticed
that the installer did not default to LVM partition layout by default
and had that discussion then and there...

So the Storage team within Red Hat they themselves expecting the
Anaconda team to be running around notify them or FESCO for that matter
is just utter and total bullocks and their little lvm no being turned on
by default pails in comparison with what we ( QA Community )
"discovered" where missing in the installer early on...

There is a lot of things FESCO and Anaconda developers can be blamed for
and those two groups will have do a hard look into how they are doing
things but lvm on or off by default and those Red Hat developers not
knowing about it falls entirely into those individuals own laps.

JBG