Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Wed Oct 31 12:35:17 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 11:54:22AM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> Lack of communication lol those RH storage developers could have.
>
> A) subscribed to the Anaconda developers list to monitor changes
> relevant to their setup as anyone else affected by any upstream
> changes ( this got mentioned in August )
> B) bothered to do a simple test install of alpha they would have
> noticed that the installer did not default to LVM partition layout
> by default and had that discussion then and there...

Not trying to lay blame, but if something major changes, it is nice to
almost over communicate and ensure everyone is really aware of the
impact.

E.g. this example: maybe everything worked the same for the storage team
for all Fedora release cycles. Or at least that any change was directed
by that team. If a major change happens, I'd be happy if everyone
figures that out on their own, but think it is better if you don't
expect that.

Quite easy to miss a few emails or not properly read a few for instance.
I sometimes completely forget about something major.

As said, not trying to lay blame, just giving suggestions / different
perspective.
--
Regards,
Olav