Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Oct 31 17:44:56 UTC 2012

On 10/31/2012 07:12 AM, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> Makes me wonder... were the anaconda developers and FESCo aware of the
> oncoming major changes to dracut? At least I failed to see anything
> obviously related to that on a quick skim through the f18 feature list.

I think we had some idea that dracut would be switching to use systemd
to run things, but what we didn't anticipate was the amount of fallout
from that switch in our scripts.

This was compounded by focusing on building newUI on top of F17 content
because it was stable, rather than fighting the never ending slog of
rawhide issues, so we didn't notice all the subtle ways things were
breaking in rawhide until it was late in the game.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!