still UsrMove problems and wrong PATH in openssh

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Oct 31 17:33:10 UTC 2012

Am 31.10.2012 17:45, schrieb Panu Matilainen:
> On 10/31/2012 11:47 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> it is REALLY bad make UsrMove and HRADCODE /bin:/sbin
>> in PATH of openssh, this results in packages built
>> with "rpmbuild" having Requires: /bin/perl as example
>>
>> in my opinion "rpmbuild" should know about the change
>> and fix implicit Requires: /bin and Requires: /sbin
>
> But they're not implicit. As I've said in the bug(s) already, rpm doesn't invent paths, it generates dependencies
> based on the file contents: if a script has #!/bin/perl through whatever means (ie hardcoded or generated),
> /bin/perl is what you get as a dependency

this is WRONG behavior

any upstream-script the next years will use #!/bin/perl and
it would be idiotic to write patches for every application
only becasue fdora decided to make UsrMove

UsrMove is a distribution-feature
and so the distribution has to care that basic parts
of the ditsribution do the rights things CENTRALIZED