Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Oct 31 20:07:30 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-31 at 15:58 -0400, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

> On the other hand I'd like to see a little bit shorter
> that time between Alpha and Final. As currently I'd say the proportion
> of time spent on development and time spent on release (and not only
> testing) seem quite inadequate... But of course, QA could no agree :)

We are certainly never short of stuff to test and stuff to fix between
Alpha and Final, let's put it that way.

However, this could plausibly simply be a result of there not being
enough time between 'feature complete' and Alpha. It's certainly
possible that tweaking things in the way suggested would not make stuff
any worse. Speaking personally I think we can't bless or condemn such a
change from a QA perspective ahead of time, we can probably only give it
a shot and see how it works out.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey