Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 20:53:10 UTC 2012

On 10/31/2012 08:09 PM, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Just to keep flogging this dead horse: You became aware because you
> tested it, right?  Not because it was announced anywhere.

Yes and Adam forgot to add to his list here...

* The change to only allowing one desktop environment to be installed
interactively
* The change to not requiring a root password to be set
* The change to raw ext4 rather than LVM as the default partition scheme
* The fact that anaconda would no longer handle upgrades but an entirely
new tool would be written for this

The plan to remove rescue and text/serial install which we "found out"
and "convinced" the Anaconda developers to bring back which they did...

JBG