Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Oct 31 21:26:13 UTC 2012

On 10/31/2012 01:53 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> The plan to remove rescue and text/serial install which we "found out"
> and "convinced" the Anaconda developers to bring back which they did...

That's not accurate in the least.

text/serial was lost when the switch to newUI was made.  They just
wouldn't work anymore.  The original plan, the one that the anaconda
team committed to, was having them back in place for F19.  I joined the
team and Martin and I got lucky in having enough time to quickly bang
out a minimalist text interface, which I spent a little more time in to
make sure it worked well over serial.  We happened to get it done well
ahead of time, but we never committed to having it at all for F18.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!