still UsrMove problems and wrong PATH in openssh

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Oct 31 23:34:22 UTC 2012

Once upon a time, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> said:
> UsrMove was a Fedora specific distribution change.  As such, patching of
> applications to use /usr/bin/perl instead of /bin/perl is a distribution
> change that we should be making as well.

Everything should be using /usr/bin/perl (perl has never AFAIK been in
/bin, on any system I've used).  The only case I would think /bin/perl
would happen is if some software install script tried to be "smart" and
change the shebang line, and it searched in common directories but not
in $PATH order (starting with /bin).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>