[Test-Announce] Fedora 18 Alpha Test Compose 5 (TC5) Available Now!

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 08:34:46 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 5:03 AM, Andre Robatino
<robatino at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> As per the Fedora 18 schedule [1], Fedora 18 Alpha Test Compose 5 (TC5)
> is now available for testing. Content information, including changes,
> can be found at https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5284#comment:11
> . Please see the following pages for download links (including delta
> ISOs) and testing instructions. Normally dl.fedoraproject.org should
> provide the fastest download, but download-ib01.fedoraproject.org is
> available as a mirror (with an approximately 1 hour lag) in case of
> trouble. To use it, just replace "dl" with "download-ib01" in the
> download URL.

So I gave this a quick test in the VM and my conclusion is that the
installer is still way too broken even for an alpha release.
Selecting a language? Crash.
Telling it to create a disk layout at the review screen? Crash.

(Both are in bugzilla).

Finishing to fight with it to get the live install done -> system does not boot.

<rant>Unrelated to the alpha but the UI still looks very unpolished
(ex: why does the installation screen still say "PERSONALIZATION" ) ?
And "Quit" on the live image should not reboot the system but just
close anaconda IMO. </rant>