Network configuration future

Olaf Kirch okir at suse.de
Mon Sep 3 07:20:33 UTC 2012

On Thursday 30 August 2012 08:55:02 Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > The systemd people do have some ideas they've already been kicking around
> > for this already... have you seen it?
>
> To be clear, I'm not really convinced yet that this is something we need...
> there is a lot of legacy admin overhead and infrastructure that is highly
> resistant to change here.

Agreed. On the other hand, with systemd comes a lot of change anyway.
And obviously, something like wicked doesn't have to be completely disruptive.
The idea is to still have ifup/ifdown scripts for those who have been
using them, and have written their scripts around those. Or to be able
to parse the old ifcfg-* files for backward compatibility.

Olaf
--
Neo didn't bring down the Matrix. SOA did. (soafacts.com)