Rawhide boot problems

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 20:43:23 UTC 2012

On 09/07/2012 06:54 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On 09/07/2012 11:48 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>> Humm. I don't agree with this. As long as F18 is unreleased Rawhide will
>> be basically untested and I also wonder what testing it at this point
>> would bring, given that it right now is mostly F18 and very far from
>> F19, so why not test the real F18 where we need all testing focussed
>> anyway?
>
> Fedora 18 is basically closed for new feature work, and instead the
> focus needs to be on integration of the existing feature set and
> bugfixes.  But as you state there is a large amount of time before F18
> releases, which means new feature work would have to stall out for
> months.  Instead, new feature work can begin for F19 and get ahead of
> the game.  That's why F18 and F19 are divergent. That's why we went
> from a single line of development to two.

As you know we ( QA Community ) want all the testing to be focused on
the release we are about to push out the door and we would like ( and
some expect ) that maintainers are keeping the same focus and give what
time they have to address the bugs we find in the process as Lennart has
correctly pointed out.

Now that to me the begs the question with our short release cycles do we
have any numbers on how many maintainers have the time to be working on
both and are those maintainers that do have that time actually taking
advantage of the current model in place?

JBG