Network configuration future

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 21:02:12 UTC 2012

On 09/07/2012 07:13 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
> I'm not sure the right place for this sort of
> thing is in the init system.

Well I happen to be sure that the init systemd regardless of which
flavor of the month it is should handle this because it is responsible
to signal the service(s) and or order the service after the network
connection is established.

To me it's pointless to have the plethora of network managment
application that exist out there playing some kind of middle man there
talking to the init system and telling it when it's ready or when it's gone.

And here comes the bigger question what is keeping all you networking
guys from simply combine all that effort and coming up with one single
network application that everybody can use happily from embedded to
servers to desktop?

JBG