upstream wants me to rename my package

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Fri Sep 7 23:09:13 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Gary Gatling <gsgatlin at ncsu.edu> wrote:
> But like everything else he is talking about, I feel its not my problem. And
> I don't really care. Maybe thats evil/wrong of me?

Well, there are occasions when upstream's priorities are somewhat
antithetical to what we're doing in Fedora. And pissing off upstream
is never a great idea :) I think the goal is tread carefully, walking
the fine line of trying to change what we can upstream, attempting to
accommodate upstream's stated priorities as much as possible, while
still making our Fedora packaging job easier.

With VirtualGL, if his main concern is that Fedora's RPMs will
overwrite the ones that he sells, could he just bump the Epoch tag in
his copies?

- Ken