Rawhide boot problems

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Sat Sep 8 00:32:55 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 08, 2012 at 01:28:53AM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:

> Sure, and that's clearly the behaviour that Lennart wanted as well. But
> instead there was a mass rebuild that bumped his rawhide nvr and now he
> needs to do rawhide work manually. If development should be happening in
> rawhide then why is rawhide inheriting from f18?

I should clarify that. If there's still feature development then clearly
that should happen in rawhide. But if the maintainer is working on
stabalisation in f18 then rawhide should still get those packages. Right
now what happens is that that's absolutely fine right up until someone
decides to do a mass rebuild and suddenly the maintainer has to do
active development in rawhide at the same time as they're trying to
stabalise f18. That doesn't seem optimal.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org