upstream wants me to rename my package

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sun Sep 9 22:32:17 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 09, 2012 at 02:03:32AM -0400, Gary Gatling wrote:
> packages will clobber theirs.  However, what I'm really trying to
> achieve is the ability to install our package alongside the
> distribution-supplied package.  The idea is that a user may be using the

So, it happens that this is a problem with a solution! Or, at least a
solution with a problem in development. Presenting: Software Collections:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/0.1/html/Software_Collections_Guide/sect-What_Are_Software_Collections.html

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>
Senior Systems Architect -- SEAS Computing