Packaging Hypertable

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Mon Sep 10 08:04:29 UTC 2012

Quoting Denis Arnaud (2012-09-09 16:50:59)
> Hi,
>
> has anyone already attempted to package Hypertable (
> http://hypertable.com/community/source_code/) for Fedora/RedHat/CentOS?
> Does anyone know whether there are current initiatives around it? Would
> someone be interested in starting such a project?
> Upstream already delivers RPM packages (http://hypertable.com/download/0962/),
> but I suspect some work is still needed to be compliant with the Fedora
> packaging guidelines (e.g.,
> http://hypertable.com/documentation/installation/quick_start_standalone/#step-2---fhs-ize-installation
> ).
>
> Cheers
>
> Denis

Quick look at [1] shows a lot of bundled libraries. We have some, but
notably we are missing zookeeper, hive, hadoop and libthrift. You'd
first have to package them and that might lead into a pretty deep rabbit
hole. I had a look at zookeeper only and it wasn't as bad as I expected
so who knows :-)

[1] https://github.com/hypertable/hypertable/tree/master/lib

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>