PostgreSQL 9.2 for F18?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Sep 10 19:58:01 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:31:33 -0400,
   Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> wrote:
>Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> writes:
>> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:24:40 -0400,
>>    Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> wrote:
>>> PG 9.2 is now released, and F18 isn't beta yet.  So I'd like to push it
>>> into F18 --- will anyone help test?
>
>> Yeah!
>
>> I'll definitely do some testing. My personal web server is running on F18
>> with updates-testing enabled. Most of the testing will be running simple
>> queries generated by web requests.
>
>Filed at https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/postgresql-9.2.0-1.fc18
>
>			regards, tom lane

On F18 I did the package update and then used pg_upgrade and things worked
as expected. I then tried out using security_barrier for a view I use
to block access to some columns depending on other columns in the same row
and that didn't seem to cause any problems (once I typed it correctly). I
couldn't tell if there was a noticeable performance hit over the network.

I also did an upgrade on an F19 system, but the testing there was pretty
minimal. (I use it for a wiki that isn't easy to access remotely.) But
the service worked (service was up and psql connected) after doing a database
upgrade.

So no bad news so far.