Why is not enabled TapButton of touchpad on Fedora by default?

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Sep 12 05:19:31 UTC 2012

Le mercredi 12 septembre 2012 à 04:39 +0100, Álvaro Castillo a écrit :

> Ok, but I do not understand why a simple thing is not set by default?
> bit empathic? a lot users want is enabled by default, others doesn't
> like it, ok, but a who doesn't like it, not affect on your navigation,
> can ignore this.

I suspect the problem come when someone trigger it by accident by
touching the touchpad by error with their wrist and then the focus of
windows shift, the cursor jump elsewhere, etc.

When you have someone who can explain, this is not a big deal, but if
you don't, this is truly puzzling.

I have seen this a few times from people who did not know it existed, so
I suspect that's why gnome use this default setting.

--
Michael Scherer