Systemd macros (f18+)

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 06:48:02 UTC 2012

Hello,

On 13 September 2012 08:06, Lennart Poettering <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:
> Since F16/F17 do not have presets we cannot just port those macros
> there. What is one macro in F18 would map to two macros in F16/F17.

Can you please point me to the two macros? I only see a small difference.

I applied the macros to some packages, and the only difference I see
in the expansion of the macros after they have been built in koji are
2 words in the postinstall scriptlet:

Fedora 17:

postinstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
if [ $1 -eq 1 ] ; then
    # Initial installation
    /bin/systemctl daemon-reload >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
fi

Fedora 18+:

postinstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
if [ $1 -eq 1 ] ; then
    # Initial installation
    /usr/bin/systemctl preset shellinaboxd.service >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
fi

So out of the 3 macros in the f18+ systemd snippets there's only one
which needs a different expansion.
It seems a rather trivial change to me; is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose
sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).