Bundled/embedded data in a package

Ben Rosser rosser.bjr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 19:00:31 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Nicolas Mailhot <
nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:

> Adobe CMAP is used by lots of font, ps and pdf related apps and IIRC
> packaging it is currently on the wishlist.
>
> You should unbundle it and create a separate package.
>
> I don't think CMAP has security implications, but projects that bundle old
> versions of the Adobe datafiles will behave in non-optimal ways when they
> hit a font/text combination that requires a mapping Adobe introduced in a
> later version.

That sounds like a good idea.

How should it work though? I can grab all the .tar.z files from
http://sourceforge.net/adobe/cmap/home/Home/, extract them, and throw them
somewhere into /usr/share (/usr/share/cmap/)... then packages can grab
up-to-date copies of the cmap resources from there?

Ben