Announcing OLPC OS 12.1.0 for XO-1, XO-1.5 and XO-1.75

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 20:37:23 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:12:22 -0600,
>   Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We're pleased to announce the release of OLPC OS 12.1.0 for XO-1,
>> XO-1.5 and XO-1.75. Details of new features, known issues, and how to
>> download/install/upgrade can all be found in the release notes:
>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/12.1.0
>

> I tried out 12.1.0 on my new XO 1.75 (thanks Fedora!). I have run across
> a bug with playing Wesnoth in full screen. The screen turned mostly grey.
> Where would I file a bug for this?

It depends, if it's a bug in wesnoth on ARM then to wesnoth in BZ, if
it's a problem with X to the devel at lists.laptop.org mailing list as
the X driver is currently closed (and from there likely to the
dev.laptop.org trac instance)

> How likely are the 13.*.* builds to work? Do the published builds get smoke
> testing before they are made available for downloading?

They get basic testing, they are certainly usable and in my opinion
where the testing should be directed. The new releases are usually
reported to the olpc fedora lists [1] and it's a quite list but a
number of us are always there to respond. The latest F-18 13.1.x pre
releases can always be found here [2].

Peter