Orphaning: mtpfs (FUSE filesystem for MTP devices like Android tablets)

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Sep 17 20:33:55 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-17 16:15, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> I just gave up trying to get files off Android tablets.
> WTF don't they support USB mass storage like every
> other thing out there?

FWIW, things seem to Just Work for me with an MTP mode Galaxy Nexus in
F-17 Nautilus - plug it in via USB and it shows up just like a USB
stick, click it and wait a bit and files are shown (in addition to a
notice about them being on a digital audio player and a button for
opening Rhythmbox). Moving files to/from it appears to work fine too.