Why is not enabled TapButton of touchpad on Fedora by default?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Sep 17 23:32:25 UTC 2012

Álvaro Castillo wrote:
> I want know... Why Fedora doesn't included TapButton support of touchpad
> by default?

Because it's off by default in the upstream synaptics driver and Fedora does
not change that setting. And IMHO it's off by default for a reason; I don't
understand why people want that annoying "feature" at all. I always
accidentally click when trying to move the mouse pointer using a touchpad
with tapping enabled. And any remotely decent touchpad has separate buttons
to use.

        Kevin Kofler