Why is not enabled TapButton of touchpad on Fedora by default?

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 05:59:45 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Álvaro Castillo wrote:
>> I want know... Why Fedora doesn't included TapButton support of touchpad
>> by default?
>
> Because it's off by default in the upstream synaptics driver and Fedora does
> not change that setting. And IMHO it's off by default for a reason; I don't
> understand why people want that annoying "feature" at all.

Because some people that can actually use it (i.e I never accidentally
click when trying to move the mouse; maybe you just have a crappy
touchpad?).
The advantage is that you can click without moving your finger away
from the touchpad it is way faster.

I don't care about the default setting but for me it is annoying
(trying to click on livecd which has the default settings feels broken
as nothing happens).