Orphaning: mtpfs (FUSE filesystem for MTP devices like Android tablets)

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Tue Sep 18 15:31:01 UTC 2012

On Seg, 2012-09-17 at 14:15 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> (3) I don't use it any more.  I just gave up trying to get files off
> Android tablets.  WTF don't they support USB mass storage like every
> other thing out there?

Android 2.1 and 2.3 have "USB mass storage" has option.
But this holidays , I try transfer photos from a friend machine and
others situation .... Canon , Nokia , JVC all by default use MTP,
this fuse mtp should IMHO be a default in ours Fedora system.
I had no idea of their existence ( mtpfs) I going to test it now.
Thanks,

Sérgio M. B.